Too much moisture in your home can lead to the formation of mold and mildew, which can lead to health issues for your family. To improve the comfort levels and safety in your home, it’s important to have a functioning dehumidifier. When you need a unit installed or repaired in the San Francisco, CA area, call Magic Plumbing. We offer upfront pricing to our customers.
Improve the health of your home or building by installing an air scrubber. Learn how the system can clean the air in your property.
Benefits of AC Dehumidifiers
Having too much moisture in your home can impact the overall air quality and health of your property, as it can lead to the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria. Installing a dehumidifier can improve the safety of your house and more by providing the following benefits:
- Eliminate clammy skin that can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Decrease musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air and condensation.
- Take some of the burden off of your air conditioner, helping to lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Your dehumidifier may encounter problems that need to be repaired by a professional to keep it functioning as expected. Some common issues can include:
- Unit doesn’t turn on. This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- System’s reservoir is full, preventing it from turning on.
- Frozen evaporator coils. This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- Refrigerant leak. This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant can be dangerous to handle.
It’s more important than ever to remove germs, viruses and bacteria from your property. Contact us to learn about our disinfecting services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
You need a fully functioning dehumidifier to keep your home or building safe. To ensure your property is healthy, perform these tasks regularly to keep your unit working as expected:
- Change the filter regularly. This can help remove harmful particles from the air.
- Inspect the condenser coils often.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.