To keep your family safe and healthy, you need to ensure your property has good indoor air quality. One solution is to install an air scrubber in your home or building. This can help eliminate contaminants and pollutants from the air. Call Magic Plumbing for installation services in San Francisco. When you call us, our experienced technicians will provide upfront pricing so there are no surprises on your bill later!
Too much moisture in the air in your property can lead to the growth of mold and mildew. Learn how our dehumidifier services can improve your air quality.
What Is an Air Scrubber?
Air scrubbers are air purifying systems that are used to improve the indoor air quality in a home or building. Sometimes used by mold remediation specialists, renovation companies and individual households, these systems can clean and purify the air. They improve the indoor air quality by producing negative ions that are sent into the air through the ductwork to retrieve positively charged particles like bacteria, pollen and other allergens floating in the air that are too small to be captured by an air filter.
Benefits of Air Scrubbers
Air scrubbers can have several benefits for your home or property. Some of the advantages can include:
- Cleans the Air: These systems reduce the amount of contaminants, mold, odors and pollutants in the air and on the surfaces around your home or building. While air filters remove larger airborne particles like dust and dirt, air scrubbers remove the smaller contaminants.
- Freshens the Air: These reduce airborne toxins in the property naturally, reducing odors from bacteria, pets and cooking.
- Extends Lifespan of Heating, Cooling Systems: Because these units eliminate dirt and contaminants to your HVAC system, it can result in needing less repairs to your heating and cooling units, and help them run more efficiently.
Eliminate germs, viruses and bacteria in your home or building with UV light sanitizers. Contact us for more information!
Air Scrubbers vs. Air Cleaners
Both air scrubbers and air cleaners can help purify the air in your home or building. While both of them use ionization to clean the air, eliminating up to 99% of airborne particles in your property, there are key differences between them:
- Air Cleaners: This system cleanses the air within the device itself, allowing it to deliver clean air to the property immediately after installation. However, this unit requires regular maintenance to replace the filter.
- Air Scrubbers: This system doesn’t have any components that need regular maintenance. It cleans the air in your property rather than within the device, and instead of only cleansing airborne particles like an air cleaner does, it also attacks particles on surfaces.