As the center of your home, it’s important that your kitchen plumbing components are working properly all the time. At Magic Plumbing we have over 30 years experiencing in helping San Francisco, CA keep their kitchens running smoothly. From garbage disposal services to repairing or replacing faucets and fixtures, we have your kitchen needs covered.
Visit our reviews page to see what others in the area are saying about us.
Most Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Here are some common problems we see when repairing a garbage disposal.
- Jamming - This can be caused by hard items stuck in the disposal such as bones, shells or overloading the system.
- No power - If your garbage disposal will not turn on, it’s best to call a professional right away to diagnose the problem.
- Leaking - A broken O ring or valve or gasket problems can cause the unit to leak. A leaking unit can cause more serious structural damage to your kitchen.
Some garbage disposal problems cannot be repaired easily. If your unit is old or damaged beyond repair, we will recommend installing a new unit.
Tips to Maintain your Disposal
Some easy tips to keep your garbage disposal running smoothly include:
- Running water through the unit after using it to quickly clean the blades
- Ensuring that no hard items like shells or bones are put in the disposal
- Only put soft, organic material in the disposal, and never put oil or grease in it
- If you have a lot of material to dispose of, do it in groups so the disposal does not get overloaded
- Never put your hands in the disposal, always call a professional
How to Prevent Faucet Leaks
An ounce of prevention is the best way to think about faucet leaks. From preventing them in the first place you are making sure you get years of use out of your faucet. Some tips to consider include:
- Checking O rings
- Replacing washers that are worn out
- Making sure the valve seat is still in good condition
Consider Replacing your Faucet or Sink
Is a constant drip driving you crazy? Most homeowners will replace their faucets when they begin to show signs of wear and tear. Dripping or leaking faucets can cause your counters to rot or mold. If your faucets are older, consider replacing them with a modern unit.
Replacing a sink is often a design decision and will come with upgrades to your kitchen. Sinks can also begin to wear and tear over time, so replacing it is usually a good idea.