A broken or clogged toilet can cause serious disruptions to your home. At Magic Plumbing we work to ensure our homeowners are never without this vital service. Whether you’re experiencing an annoying clog or looking to replace an old toilet with something more modern. We have all your toilet needs covered in the San Francisco, CA area.
Read our reviews to see what your friends and neighbors are saying about us.
How to Avoid a Toilet Clog
Toilet clogs happen for many reasons, flushing too much toilet paper or non water soluble items are a big reason we come to fix your clogs. Other reasons can include having a child playing around the toilet flushing large items such as toys. Some of the best ways to prevent toilet clogs in your home include:
- Installing childproof locks on the toilet seat - Children flush foreign objects because their curiosity gets the best of them and they will often flush things that should not be flushed in the first place.
- Flushing twice if needed - Your first instinct may be to conserve water, but if you need to flush twice every now and then, it’s fine.
- Making sure non water soluble items stay out - Flushing things like diapers or paper towels can cause clogs since they are not water soluble.
- Using less toilet paper if possible - In most cases, it’s the children who are guilty of this. They are still learning about quantity and may not know how much toilet paper is ok to use.
When Should you Replace your Toilet?
As one of the most used plumbing units in your home, it’s a given that your toilet will need repairs over time. But if your toilet is exhibiting any of the following signs, it may be time to replace it.
- Recurring repairs - If your toilet is in constant need of repair, it may be more economic for you to replace the entire unit.
- Constantly clogging - Older toilets with lower flush capacities will often need to be flushed more than once to get the job done. They are also more likely to clog. If your toilet clogs more than once per week, it’s time for a new one.
- Cracks in the porcelain - A cracked toilet is a potentially leaking toilet. If the porcelain on your toilet is cracked, it will definitely need to be replaced.
- Water saving - Modern toilets are more efficient with less water, if the environment is on your mind, a modern toilet will do a better job and be better for the Earth.