If there’s one thing in your home you should not treat lightly, it’s your gas lines. If you are having problems with the line or suspect a leak, call the professionals at Magic Plumbing right away. Gas line repairs must be carried out by professionals as soon as the problem is detected. At Magic Plumbing we are proud to be keeping San Francisco, CA safe from gas line leaks for over 30 years.
Be sure to see what others are saying about our services by reading our reviews.
Signs of a Gas Leak
There are many signs that you may have a gas leak. Noticing the following symptoms will be extremely helpful in keeping you and your family safe during a gas leak. Be on the lookout for the following signs:
- Smelling rotten eggs or sulfur - If you smell eggs, it’s important to get a repair ASAP. This is the most obvious sign of a serious problem.
- Hearing a hissing sound - Another serious sign of a gas leak, this could be the sound of the gas actually exiting your pipes into your home.
- Noticing dead grass or plants in your yard near where the gas line is - If the leak is occurring in the ground, you may experience dead vegetation in your lawn.
Gas line leaks can be caused by many different issues, including pipes becoming contaminated from airborne dirt and particles, suffering damage to a gas appliance or experiencing damage from extreme weather such as a tornado or earthquake.
What to do in the Event of a Gas Leak
If you think you have a gas leak, there are several steps you should take to ensure the safety of your family and reduce the damage done. In addition to calling the professionals at Magic Plumbing, take the following precautions if you suspect a gas line leak:
- Call the gas company to turn off all gas to your home
- Ensure all your appliances are turned off
- Open the windows
- Evacuate your home
- Make sure your car is not turned on and is not parked near the home
Inhaling gas could be potentially lethal, so if you suspect a gas leak, it is most important to get away from the source of the problem while waiting for help to arrive.