Advancements in the plumbing industry are constantly making life easier for homeowners. One of the most interesting advancements in recent years is the tankless water heater. For environmentally conscious homeowners in San Francisco, CA who want to save space and money, a tankless water heater is a great option.
Take a look at our reviews page to see what others are saying about Magic Plumbing.
How do they Work?
A tankless water heater works by connecting directly to your plumbing. When hot water is requested from your tap, the unit will turn on and your water will pass through several heating elements, heating the water to your liking. The warm water will then exit the unit and make its way through your pipes to your shower, sink or tub.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
There are many benefits of going tankless, some of the most obvious advantages include:
- Money Saving - With a tankless unit, you are only heating the water that is being requested at the tap. Meaning there is no tank to heat, and the unit is not constantly running. This will lower your energy costs.
- Save Space - Tankless means there is no bulky tank to work with. The unit connects directly to your plumbing cutting out the big tank.
- Endless Hot Water - Anyone who is the last person in the family to shower will know the frustration of running out of hot water. With a tankless unit, there is no waiting around for the tank to fill again. Hot water is endless.
Who Should Use Tankless Water Heaters?
A tankless water heater has many benefits and can benefit many different types of homes:
- Smaller Homes - A tankless heater takes up less space and is ideal for homes that need the extra space.
- Environmentally Friendly - For families that are concerned with the environment, a tankless unit is ideal. Since it only is on when it’s needed, it uses less energy and is better for the environment.
- Large Families - Households with many occupants who use lots of hot water during the day would benefit from the fact that with a tankless water heater, the hot water never runs out.
Your trusted San Francisco plumbing professional can assess your home and let you know if you could benefit from a tankless water heater.