If you’re experiencing issues with your sewer line, it’s best to have it looked at right away rather than waiting for the issue to get worse. At Magic Plumbing we have over 30 years of experience with repairing and replacing sewer lines in San Francisco, CA. If you have a sewer line problem, let Magic Plumbing be your first call.
Visit our reviews page to see what our past clients had to say.
Signs you Could Benefit from Sewer Line Repairs
The upside of requiring sewer line repairs is that the signs pointing to the repairs are obvious and easy to spot. If you experience any of the following symptoms in your home, call Magic Plumbing ASAP to get the issue resolved.
- Gurgling sounds coming from your pipes - This may be a sign of damaged pipes.
- Water that will not drain - Standing or slow draining water can be an indication of a clog or other issue in the pipe.
- Backflow of debris - If you’re seeing branches or dirt coming out of your drain, you probably have a root system that has taken hold of your sewer line. This should be looked at ASAP.
It’s important to get the issue resolved as soon as you notice the symptoms. Allowing it to get worse will only increase the complexity of the repair and potentially cost more to fix.
Main Causes of Sewer Line Problems
There are many reasons your sewer line can face problems, some of the most common issues we encounter include:
- Old Pipelines - Much like everything else in your home, over time you sewer line will wear and tear. If your pipes are old they may not work as well and may be more likely to corrode or disintegrate.
- Tree Roots - It is always recommended to keep plants or gardens away from your sewer line. Roots will always search for water, even if it means breaking through a pipeline to get to it. Once a root system gets into your sewer line, it can be complicated to repair.
- High Temperatures - If the ground shifts due to a sudden temperature change, you are at the risk of rupturing your sewer lines.