No one likes to think of possibly drinking something that could harm them. Your home should be a safe place for you and your family. This is why many families opt to install water filtration devices. Not only does it protect your home from bacteria or pathogens in your water, but it also adds value to your home and gives peace of mind. At Magic Plumbing, we’ve been keeping San Francisco, CA water clean for over 30 years.
People in the area are talking about us. See what they’re saying by taking a look at our reviews page.
What do Water Filtration Systems do?
In general, water can contain many toxins, impurities and bacteria that may be harmful to our bodies and may wreak havoc on our plumbing systems. A water filtration system is the best way for homeowners to ensure their water is clean and safe for drinking or washing. By creating a physical barrier, creating a chemical process or creating a biological barrier, water filtration systems work to filter your water.
Water filters are unique to the needs and requirements of the home in question. Some are better for irrigation, swimming pools, point of use or other uses. Your trusted San Francisco plumbers can tell you which one is right for you.
What Type of System is Best?
There are several major types of water filtration systems. The most common types we specialize in include:
- Reverse Osmosis - This type of filter cleans water used for multiple purposes. From drinking to washing, reverse osmosis can clean water effectively. The water passes through a membrane that catches the impurities, before being pumped back to your taps.
- Carbon Filters - Water passing through the multiple layers of active carbon in these filters will come out crisp and clean.
- Water Softeners - A water softener uses salts in a separate tank to neutralize damaging minerals such as calcium and magnesium, making your water safe to use and drink.
Benefits of Water Filtration Systems
- Protection from Disease - Water can easily be contaminated with disease causing bacteria and pathogens, if not treated properly, your family can be at risk. A water filter will treat the water and remove the disease causing bacteria before it reaches your faucet.
- Clean Water - Removing toxins and minerals from your water will not only make it safe for drinking, but will also make it safe for all your household needs such as bathing, laundry, dishes and gardening.
- Save Money - Knowing that the water in your home is safe, means you will save money on bottled water.