Don’t settle for a cold home in the winter months. When heating issues arise call our heating contractors for reliable repairs. Magic Plumbing has been servicing the San Francisco area since 1980. Let us handle your heating and furnace repairs and installations.
We offer the following heating services in the San Francisco, CA area:
- Heating Repair & Maintenance
- Heating Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Repair & Maintenance
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Boiler Services
- Filter Replacement
When a problem occurs, let our contactors diagnose the issue and work with you to determine the best course of action to complete the heating repair.
Common Furnace Issues
Having an issue with your furnace can be stressful. As if waking up to a cold house isn’t bothersome enough, not knowing what’s wrong with the furnace can cause anxiety. But rest assured -- at Magic Plumbing, we work with you to find the most cost-effective and efficient solution.
Here are some common problems you might face with your furnace:
- Dirty or Clogged Filters: Failing to regularly change furnace filters can cause dust, dirt and other debris to accumulate, causing the system to malfunction.
- Mechanical Wear and Tear: As a furnace ages, parts may start to break down, requiring more frequent repairs. When this happens, the furnace becomes less efficient.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat: If you notice the temperature in your home does not match the thermostat setting, there could be an issue that needs to be addressed by a heating contractor.
- Inadequate Airflow: The furnace can overheat if there is not enough airflow. This issue should be examined immediately by a heating technician.
- Carbon Monoxide Leak: Carbon monoxide leaks can be very dangerous and should be addressed as soon as possible by trained professionals. Detectors can alert you to high levels of carbon monoxide in your home. Other signs to watch for include: if the pilot light has turned from blue to yellow, if there is an excessive amount of condensation on the windows, or if you start to feel sick. If you notice any of these signs, evacuate your home immediately.
Not sure if you need to repair or replace your furnace? Our heating contractors can provide you with information to help you make a decision.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
Replacing your heater might not be something you planned for -- or even budgeted for -- this year. How do you know when it’s time to stop making repairs and replace the unit? Some signs to look for include:
- Increasing age of the heater
- Frequency of repairs
- Rising utility bills
- Less efficiency
- Your home is not being properly heated