Your boiler system plays a pivotal role in your home. It can provide heat in the winter, and it might even provide you with hot water year-round. Because of this, it’s important to have it functioning at all times. When issues arise with your boiler, call Magic Plumbing and have our boiler contractors quickly and accurately repair your unit. Servicing the San Francisco area since 1980, we have the experience to efficiently repair, install and replace your units.
Don’t delay! Have your heating system repaired now by our heating experts.
Benefits of Steam Boilers
When it comes to heating large spaces, steam boilers are often the best option. Steam boilers can stand up to extreme cold and they transfer the heat created from the steam throughout large buildings. Steam boilers can benefit homes with poor insulation, and are able to keep large commercial spaces warm in the winter. Call Magic Plumbing today to learn more!
Signs Your Boiler Needs to Be Repaired
Like any heating system, occasionally your boiler will need to be serviced. The key is knowing when to call a boiler repair company. If you notice any of these issues with your boiler, you should call to have a boiler contractor inspect the unit:
- Yellow Flame Instead of Blue: If you notice a yellow flame instead of a blue one in your boiler, you should seek immediate service. This can indicate a carbon monoxide leak, which can be extremely dangerous.
- Faint Odor: Another sign of a carbon monoxide leak is if the boiler is emitting a faint smell. If you notice an odor, you should immediately evacuate your home and have the boiler serviced.
- Unusual Noises: One of the easiest ways to detect a malfunctioning boiler is by listening. If you hear strange noises, call an HVAC company for boiler repair.
- Slow to Heat: Your boiler might need a tune-up or repair if you notice it is taking longer to properly heat your home.
- Increase in Utility Bills: An increase in your energy bill can indicate that your boiler is operating less efficiently. If this is the case, it might be time to consider replacing the boiler.
Need a new heating system? Learn more about our heating installation services.
Common Issues with Boilers
While certain issues with a boiler require immediate action, like a carbon monoxide leak, there are other more common problems that can be repaired by a reputable heating contractor.
Some of these issues you might experience with your boiler system include:
- No heat (or hot water)
- Leaking water
- Pilot light goes out
- Boiler shuts itself off without being triggered
- House isn’t reaching the desired temperature on the thermostat
- Radiator isn’t heating up
- Frozen condensate pipe
If you notice any of these issues with your boiler system, call Magic Plumbing to have our experts inspect and repair the unit.