Are you well-prepared for a plumbing emergency? Did you know many plumbing issues are completely preventable? The next time you call Magic Plumbing in Berkeley, CA ask your plumbing professional about prevention tips and tricks. Our staff is always happy to provide honest and sound advice.
Take a look at our feedback and reviews from past customers.
How to Prevent a Burst Pipe
One of the most frustrating plumbing emergencies is a burst pipe. In moments water can flood your home causing much damage. The main cause for burst pipes is allowing water to freeze in the pipes. A sudden drop in the temperature can cause the pipes to freeze and water to expand putting unnecessary pressure on the pipes.
To prevent your pipes from freezing, a simple pipe insulation can be purchased to cover the pipes. This insulation is available at any hardware store and is easy to install. Put it over your pipes that could potentially be exposed to cold weather and you will be well-protected against burst pipes.
Signs you Should Definitely Repipe your Home
Most homeowners will try to avoid repiping for as long as possible, opting to constantly repair their pipes rather than repipe. In some cases, that works, but in other cases a repipe is the best choice. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, you should seriously consider repiping:
- Change in water color
- Loss of water pressure
- Higher than normal or rising water bills
- Strange smell coming from the water
With the help of the experts at Magic Plumbing, your repiping job can be easy and affordable.
What Kind of Sump Pump is Best for Me?
When it comes to sump pumps, there are two main kinds. Both have different benefits that are good for different kind of homes. Consider the following before installing your sump pump:
- Submersible Unit - This type of pump can be submersed in water, it’s extremely durable and good for homes that experience lots of rainfall since it drains water at a faster rate.
- Pedestal Pump - This pump cannot be submerged in water and is actually located on a pedestal above the tank. This type of pump drains water at a slower rate and is better for homes who use it just as a precaution.
- Drain Cleaning
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Sewer Line Repair and Installation
- Trenchless Sewer Line Repair and Installation
- Grease Trap Cleaning and Replacement
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Toilet Repair and Installation
- Sump Pumps
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Heaters
- Tankless Water Heaters
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription